Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What I Like About You: 5 Things That Make A Guy Attractive

Prince Who?


Ever since I was a little girl watching all the classic Disney movies, I have dreamt of falling in love and living happily ever after with my Prince Charming. The thought of spending the rest of my life with someone who loves me and often knows me better than I know myself puts a smile on my face. Of course, reality doesn't work as simply or easily as it did for Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. If or when I find the right guy for me, he probably won't be wearing a crown or riding in on a noble steed. Instead, I'll have to look for the traits and qualities that I know I want in a boyfriend or husband. Here are 5 of those traits that I admire the most.

1. One thing that I find necessary in a guy for me to even consider him as marriage material is a passionate love for God. I am a devout Christian and I need my husband to be one, too. The husband should be the spiritual leader of the family so it's really important for Christian guys to be strong in their faith, preferably just a bit stronger than their potential wives. If they are wholeheartedly following after God, the other traits that make them attractive will start to show in their lives as well. This is why I think this is the most important thing to look for in a guy.

2. In my opinion, humility makes a guy extremely attractive. If a guy is humble, that means he doesn't have a huge ego and doesn't always have a chip on his shoulder. Because he doesn't consider himself better than others, he treats people in a more considerate and servantlike way. He doesn't try to show off or brag about anything but instead just shows his talents in a quiet but effective way. This is a hard thing to find in anyone today, especially guys. However, it's not impossible to find, and guys can definitely work on becoming more humble as long as they're motivated to do so.

3. A good sense of humor goes a long way for a guy. If I find him funny and he associates well with my sense of humor, this is something that we can share for the rest of our lives. I try to be positive, looking at the glass as half full, but there are times when I'm not in a good enough mood to do so. These are the times when it would be really nice to have someone to cheer me up with a funny remark or a well timed joke. Even when I'm in a good mood, these things are appreciated. It would make life a bit more difficult if I had a husband who had a really bad or even no sense of humor, so being able to laugh with a guy is something that I really value a lot.

4. I find honesty an essential quality in a relationship. This applies to both people, but I'm a terrible liar so I know I'll be able to hold up my end of that responsibility. I need a guy to be honest and open with me so that I'll be able to trust him completely. If a guy gets caught lying fairly often, he'll become like the boy who cried wolf. No one will know when to take him seriously and any girl who tries to stay in a relationship with him will be continuously frustrated and hurt by his lies. I don't want to have to deal with the problems and pain that come with that, so truthfulness is something I look for in guys.

5. I want to marry a guy who is hard working and doesn't give up very easily. Perseverance is something I think I lack too often, so that makes me admire it even more when I see guys who have it. If a guy is earnest, he won't be too lazy. Instead, he'll work hard to get the job done and he won't be satisfied until it's finished. This is an extremely attractive trait because it lets me know that when he's determined to accomplish something and he puts his mind to it, he will accomplish it. That is something I like to see.

What To Do With These Qualities


Of course there are many other things I look for and admire in guys, but these are 5 of the main ones that I find absolutely necessary when looking for a guy that I could possibly fall in love with. For girls who read this, I suggest holding your standards high and trying to find guys with traits like these. For guys reading this, I'm sure there's always room for improvement even if you feel you possess each of these qualities, so hopefully this motivates you to become a little more attractive. :p

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome article, I read the whole thing before I even realized who it was by since I got it to my news reader.

    From a guys (at least my) point of view these are all very good traits to have. All of them traits I at least try to have, I mean some of them are harder then others to actually achieve.

    Pride is one of those things that I have really been working on in the last year, I've learned that it is actually better to just admit you're wrong and try to learn then to pretend your right at all. I mean it does you no good to just go on living thinking you know it all when you don't, right?

    Good stuff here though for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny that after we had that discussion in class I got home and wrote down 10 traits. baha Though I picked my number one as being humble I was struggling to decide between that and a sense of humor! I totally agree with you there. I haven't posted mine yet, but that will be one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Yours is my fav! ;) You really thought this through and wrote it our carefully! I forgot to add sense of humor to mine! Ahhh cuz that's a really good one that a guy HAS to have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job and very thoughtful! I'd like to add that she also cried at the Disney movies because they were so "touching" and romantic... hahaha. But I just wanted to marry the prince because I wanted all those pretty dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is what Guys want to be like... at least I do. I certainly wish I had some of those characteristics. That is a great list, and if you keep that in mind, you WILL find Mr. Right.

    ReplyDelete